Other things you might enjoy

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What I dig about the Highlands

It's been a whirlwind couple weeks-- Mr. MHH has been crazy busy with work. we've been traveling a bit, and also doing lots of fun things during the week.  It's been fun loving things around our house and Denver as well. 

I want to share my latest favorites in one of our favorite neighborhoods, The Highlands:

    
    
    
    Love the lights in Linger
    
  • Linger--- Located in the former Olinger mortuary has an extensive menu featuring food from all over the world, and an amazing drink menu.  I went there one night with my lovely friend K-Spence and some other girls.  Having the bar in an old mortuary is a little creepy . . . .but lots of fun.  Of course, we got a little silly. 
River of pool balls




    Yes, it's really this gorgeous
  • Vita-- The upstairs patio here is AMAZING.  Mr. MHH and I were here for Mr. B's birthday (whose lovely wife writes a fabulous blog) and I also had my bachelorette dinner at this hot spot.  When Mr. MHH and I needed a location for a date last week before he was out of town for work, the obvious choice was Vita. 



  • Lola- actually located right next door to Vita-- fabulous margaritas and even better food!  We went there with the Griers last Wednesday night and as usual, it did NOT disappoint!  I had the poblano relleno with some ahi and it was INCREDIBLE.  Mr. MHH had the caldo de mariscos and we all had some plantain tamale. 




  • Little Man Ice Cream - This sweet little spot is actually located around the corner from Lola and Vita-- just down the hill from Linger.  It's the most adorable building- shaped just like a milk can and the ice cream and gelato are AMAZING!!!  Mr. MHH ordered ice cream after our Vita date while I opted for gelato.  There is usually a line down the street, but this place is not to be missed!




If I haven't made it clear . . . I dig the Highlands and all the great places to eat and grab a martini with friends!  The view of downtown is amazing and the cuisine is so eclectic!  I plan to do some shopping adventures there later this summer and will keep you posted on the great places I find.

xoxo,

Mrs. MHH

No comments:

Post a Comment