Other things you might enjoy

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Earmuffs for lunch?-- Really, Dally???

Mr. MHH being out of town this week really threw me for a loop, as I suddenly found myself a single parent . . . of an animal who is bigger than me.  Said giant dog has recently developed a rambunctious streak- so she has been even more of a handful lately.  Any noisemaking toys have suddenly become the MOST exciting thing ever- at all hours of the day or night.  She is also waking me up at least once a night needing to go outside or just whining-- maybe being a dog owner really is prep for children.


Anyway, Dally and I got up early Thursday morning and primped for the day.

She got all dolled up in her pink bow (you can't tell, but the bow also has a rhinestone in the middle).  She was especially excited to wear her bow, since Mr. MHH was out of town-- he thinks it makes her look sissy.

I opted for a comfy-casual outfit and brought out a pair of my favorite boots for the first time this season!  My top is a woven tunic top from J-Crew, layered over a chocolate brown tank from Banana Republic.  On the bottom, I was sporting some great navy leggings - J-Crew Signature Leggings. (Sidenote- these tights are actually opaque!-- so many tights aren't and end up being see-through-- so I LOVE these!)  The boots are Report and I discovered them on Zappos last year.  They're grey suede and they fold over and have adorable brown leather straps down the back that fasten on the sides with buckles.  I wish they still made them! 

So, after a quick piece of toast with peanut butter Dally and I head out the door.  I was on my way to drop Dally off at doggy daycare, but decided to call them and make sure they had a place for her... ANDDDDDDD they didn't. Uh-oh.

SO, my outfit immediately changed from the leggings and oxford tunic to . . . BOOM- the Minnie Mouse pajamas I got for Christmas from my mom.  So much for the cute outfit.  (Which became Friday's attire)

Yeah, Minnie!
On the upside, my workspace was going to be my cube-- but once I was stuck at home my workspace got a lot cuter.  Also, the coffee is better at home!

MacBook + Anthropologie mug + Kate Spade planner = lovely day home!


Well, the workday Thursday was CRAZY busy- and because she wanted to participate in the circus that was my workday-- Dally decided to pull a few shenanigans.

1. At one point, I look out the back door to check on Dally in the yard.  She had about 5 or 6 toys out there-- but decided to chew on a board with nails in it instead.  Brilliant.
2. Made the decision to bring Dally inside. In retaliation, she decided to dump her whole bowl of water all over the kitchen floor and down the front stairs-- which I definitely slipped on.  Wonderful!
3.  To add insult to injury, she also chewed up my rabbit earmuffs rather than any of her toys which are always all over the house.

Thankfully, I was able to escape for the evening- as two co-workers invited me over for dinner--- they prepared a Cooking Light recipe for mushroom lasagna-- with homemade wheat noodles and exotic mushrooms.  Let me say- INCREDIBLE!  It is always so nice to have dinner with friends, especially when the Mr. is out of town--- cooking for one usually turns into "I'm eating cereal for dinner".

FACT: mushroom lasagna > cereal. Any day of the week!

So glad Mr. MHH was coming home Friday!  Home is much happier when he's around :)


Have a fabulous rest of your weekend!

xoxo,

Mrs. MHH








No comments:

Post a Comment