Other things you might enjoy

Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday, you charlatan!!!

Dearest Friday, or should I call you Monday?!!!

Ha!

Yes, that's right!

 I know it's you Monday-- despite your trickery, I have found you out! 

"How?" you ask . . .

"Why?" you wonder  . . .

Well, it didn't even take much Nancy Drew-ing because I am quite familiar with Friday and all the glory Friday brings!

Never. Ever. Ever. On a Friday would the following happen:
  1. My flat iron died.  This CRITICAL hair rescue tool would never ever be so obtrusive as to die on a Friday.  This is clearly a Monday-only sort of event.
  2. I found my favorite red pumps chewed to high heaven.  Even Dally in her 16 weeks of maturity knows not to chew up shoes on a Friday.
  3. Ridiculous traffic.  Okay, fine. This happens in Denver on every day ending in "y" but still seemed a little inappropriate this morning.
  4. Bagel drop- cream cheese side down.  enough said.
  5. One and a half hour project kickoff meeting until 3:30 on a Friday.  Ruined my "work a half day" plan
  6. Kickoff meeting outfit:
    1. Pressed woven shirt: check
    2. Pencil skirt: check
    3. Mile-high heels: check (not really complaining about this one
    4. Slip under pencil skirt: check (because my momma raised me right, ladies.)  
    5. All of those add up to NOT "Casual Friday"
See, obviously NOT a Friday!


So, Monday-- please send Friday back my way in time for Mr. MHH and me to head to Steamboat Springs for the weekend!

anti xoxo, Monday!

Mrs. MHH

No comments:

Post a Comment