Other things you might enjoy

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dear Snow, I have some gripes.

We get it- the calendar says, "December."

It has officially been snowing since Thursday, and while the sparkly white blanket all over everything is quite pretty- I'm filing complaints, so read this carefully!

Totally functional . . . yes?
  •  I don't happen to own any crampons.  Even though I found some "girly" pink ones . . . I'm not so sure they'd work well with my usual heels.  I couldn't even make it up the driveway in my snow boots today!  (Someone once said something to me about function over fashion, but fur lined boots are functional-- yes?? ) Also, even if I could make it up the driveway/across the street to the watch party/ out on the back deck without wiping out-- how many days in a row can a girl live in snow boots before her outfit just becomes redundant and more snow boots must then be purchased? I'll be honest, 4 days is about my limit and I'm eying the Sorel Joan of Arctic boots.       



Dally loves snow, LOVES snow.  If she is outside, it is impossible to get her back in-- and when she is inside, she is begging to get back out!  She chases the snow, wrestles with it, eats it, chases it, lays in it . . . . and she only begs to get back inside the house when she is covered in it-  Completely soaking wet with actual snow balls matted into her fur.  110 pounds of soaking wet dog is so AWESOME!- especially when all that snow melts off her in the kitchen, creating huge puddles for yours truly to slip on.


  • Dally loves snow, at 4am.  4am Friday morning, Dally wanted to go outside.  Since Mr. MHH and I have been trying very hard to get her housebroken, any time she asks to be let out-- we immediately jump up and let her out.  Unfortunately, it didn't go that way Friday morning-- it went more like this:
  • Yum! This stuff is great!
    • Dally woke up Mr. and Mrs. MHH, Mrs. MHH agrees to go let her out.
    • Mrs. MHH gets out of bed, leaving the lights off so Mr. MHH can sleep a little longer
    • Mrs. MHH reaches for glasses, knocking them to the floor.
    • Mrs. MHH bends down quickly to grab glasses from floor and BAM- smashes nose/forehead on corner of wooden night table.
    • Mrs. MHH cries out in pain, waking Mr. MHH. 
    • Mr. MHH takes Dally out, Mrs. MHH spends rest of night with bag of ice on face. - FAIL

  • Friends don't travel well in snow.  Once we became Mr. and Mrs., I moved to the house in the 'burbs.  I normally don't mind the commute, but the snow makes it MUCH more difficult for friends living in the urban jungle to venture out.  Yes, snow- you are ruining my social life!

  • Mrs. MHH doesn't travel well in snow, either.   I decided Friday evening that if I had to tolerate the weather, I may as well embrace it-- and plans were made to head up i70 for some mountain time on Saturday.  However, because the SNOW didn't stay up in the mountains where it belongs-- the roads were too bad to even drive up! So, I got to spend Saturday morning cleaning house! 


Denver averages 300 days of sunshine a year- So, I feel like it's about time for the snow to bid us all, adios.  At least go away long enough to melt the ice boulders so I can get out the driveway without tearing out the bottom of my car, eh?  Maybe even long enough for me to get some Christmas decorations up outside?

I know what some of you are probably thinking- "Why is this lady living in Denver if she doesn't like snow?!"  Let me clarify my gripes and let you all know that I do LOVE the snow . . . sometimes . . . not for 4 days in a row.  I love snow on Christmas, on the ski slopes, on days when I am not trying to go anywhere or do anything and can just relax with a good book while the it falls outside.  

So . . . 

Dear Snow,
Please go away. 
That, or do my Christmas decorating and shopping.
xoxo, 
Mrs. MHH







No comments:

Post a Comment