Other things you might enjoy

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Running like a Mack Truck


Two posts in one week?  Something must be wrong . . . 

Well it is.  

Mr. MHH, my sweet sister and I have completely lost our minds and have decided to run a half marathon.  

Let me begin by letting the world know the following: 

I AM NOT A RUNNER

I am not swift like a gazelle with those long lean gorgeous yoga-esque muscles.  When I run my legs put on muscle--- rhino muscle-- not gazelle.  I do not glide across the running path... I more barrel down the street like a Mack Truck.

I'm not kidding-- my quads are like weapons--- great for a linebacker... not so great for a woman. 

Good news is that the hubbs thinks I look better than ever-- he hasn't noticed that we could now share pants. (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit)

Did I mention said half marathon is less than two weeks away?

Oh yes, and I'm sick-- day 6 and it's bad. Loss of voice, coughing, runny nose, achy all over... my co-workers are calling me "Patient Zero."  Yes, it's pretty nasty. 

Needless to say, this has put a serious cramp in my training.  I rested Saturday and Sunday hoping that I would be raring to go yesterday for a 12 miler.  

Not.
So.
Fast.

About 3 miles in I had to stop-- the intense stabbing pain in my throat every time I took a breath was just a bit much.  So, back to the pavement this evening--- Mr. MHH has a guys' night, so I won't have to keep up with his pace and can just truck through it on my own.  We'll be keeping the fingers seriously crossed-- and the legs so they look slimmer.

xoxo,
Mrs. Mack Truck




1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so excited for you guys to run the half marathon! So wish I could run it with you!

    Try to get lots of rest this week!

    ReplyDelete